Monday, January 25, 2010

The Beginning . . .

Here's my plan. I have a lot of big changes that I need to make in my life. Changes that are going to take a lot of hard work over a long period of time. I have tried over and over and over again. But each time, I find myself staring failure in the face. Some of these things are 10 years overdo, 10 years! That makes me feel old, and I am not old. I am 28 years old, and I have been avoiding things for a long time. The older I get, the harder this keeps getting. I am no fool people, I know that it is going to keep getting worse. I am going to keep feeling like I am stuck, imagining the life that I want, that I daydream about.

After reading about Mighty Girl's Mighty Life List, I realized several things. One, it was incredibly difficult for me to make that list. I kept excluding things because I thought they were too far out of reach. I couldn't dream big enough . . .wow, that's scary to type. Second, even the miniscule list I could manage, scared me to death. I want that to change in 2010. It is going to take me much longer than a year, but that is the point, I guess. I want to learn a new way to think, live, and experience my life. I want to be more compassionate, responsible, adventurous, loving, loved, respectful, challenging, and inspired.

So, in the posts to come, I am going to start compiling my list. It will probably be small at first, but I hope that it will grow. Also, my goal is to do one thing everyday that contributes to changing me for the better. So if nothing else, I can right about that.

Today, I started a blog that I hope will keep me accountable to a goal, or a series of goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment